What’s New With Open General?
I just updated the Open General page on FreeWargamer and thought I should share the changes that have been made in Open General since the last page update on this site.. I last updated the page when build 2012-8-29 was released, the current release is 0.90.28.5 (5-Sep-2013). The following are some of the major enhancements since 2012-8-29:
- 0.90.0 (6-Sep-2012)
- New campaign/scenario format.
- Scenario option to make ground conditions change based on weather.
- Campaigns can include up to 100 scenarios – twice the previous limit.
- Changes to the way prestige works.
- New air system.
- New scenario options to enhance naval warfare.
- 0.90.3 (28-Sep-2012)
- Changed AD behavior, will not make defender retreat like in PG2.
- Air units no longer require direct LOS no matter class.
- 0.90.27 (21-Jun-2013)
- AI can now use up to three players.
- AI tweaks.
- 0.90.28 (11-Jul-2013)
- New carries similar to Pacific General.
- 0.90.28.5 (5-Sep-2013)
- Enhancements to AAR’s.
There have been a huge number of other tweaks, additions, and bug fixes. Quite impressive.