Title: Desert War 1940-43.
Developer: Brian Kelly, John Duquette.
Development Status: Late Beta
Requirements: Java 6 or 7
Description: Operational level, wargame recreating tank battles fought between Axies and Allies in North Africa between 1940 and 1943.
Other Notes: The developers are continuously working on this game and you can follow the latest developments as well as contribute to the discussion over at the Wargamer.
- 6 Scenarios: Beda Fomm (1941), Battle Axe (1941, Historical), 2nd Battle for Bardia (1942), Alam Halfa (1942), Sidi Bou Zid (1943), El Alamein.
- Simultaneous Movement / Battles (WEGO as opposed to IGOUGO).
- Supply Levels
- Full Fog of War
- Variable Zones of Control (ZOC)
- 12 Types of Ground Units: Armour, Infantry, Recce, Motorized, Artillery, Anti-Tank, Heavy Anti-Tank, Combat Engineers, Anti-Aircraft, HQs.
- 2 Types of Air Units: Recon, Ground Support
- 5 Types of Air Missions: Recon, Ground Attack, Ground Support, Interdiction, Counter-Air
- AI for El Alamein scenario
- PBEM / Hotseat
- Scenario Editor