0 A.D. Releases Alpha 17 Quercus.
I’m a little behind the times but I’ve just gotten around to updating the 0 A.D. page. 0 A.D. is one of the most ambitious and long lasting open source wargame projects and since I last updated the page Alpha 16 Patanjali and Alpha 17 Quercus have been released.
There have been a large number of significant enhancements, you can see the original press releases above for all the details – here are a few that stuck out to me:
- Addition of a new AI opponent (Petra).
- Numerous new art assets (Ptolemaic ships, Eurasian wolf, Carthaginian ballista).
- Core Combat has undergone major rebalancing.
- Addition of triggers supports for scenario and mod design.
- Improvements in performance including rendering, AI, and scripting.